Notice of SingCham Shanghai Extraordinary General Meeting
Dear SingCham Shanghai Members
Singapore Chamber of Commerce and Industry in China - Shanghai Chapter
NOTICE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that an Extraordinary General Meeting will be held on September 26, 2020, at 9.30 a.m., Metro Room, Level 2, Ascendas Innovation Plaza, 686 Jiujiang Road to transact the following businesses:
1. Inaugural Exco Term in Review
2. Review of accounts of SingCham ending 31 December, 2019 and January – August, 2020
3. Election of Exco for the period October 1, 2020 – September 30, 2022
BY ORDER OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
Date: 11 September, 2020
(1) An individual member entitled to attend and vote at the Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) is entitled to appoint not more than one proxy who must be member to attend and vote in his stead. A corporate member or associate corporate member may alternatively appoint a representative to attend and vote at the Meeting (subject to (2) below) by submitting the relevant form of corporate representation.
(2) Only full individual or corporate members may vote at the Election. Each individual member shall be entitled to one (1) vote, and each Corporate Member shall be entitled to three (3) votes. Voting by proxy is allowed. Each registered individual/corporate member shall be entitled to act as proxy for one other member only.
(3) Subject to (7) below, registered members who attend the EGM will receive, depending on the status, the appropriate number of voting forms. To be clear, a registered individual member will receive one form representing one vote; if the registered individual member carries a proxy, he will receive an additional form. A registered corporate member’s representative will receive three forms (representing three votes), and if he is also the proxy for another registered corporate member, he will receive six forms. The maximum number of forms a registered member who is also a representative of registered corporate member can receive will be seven (7), i.e. one as registered individual member, three as representative of registered corporate, and three as proxy for another registered corporate member.
(4) Members constituting not less than one-third of total membership with voting rights may submit in writing extraordinary motion to the Executive Committee, ten (10) days before the EGM, setting out in details such motion for consideration at the EGM. Such motion shall be within the scope of responsibility of the EGM.
(5) A member who appoints another member as proxy to and attend and vote on his/its behalf should send a scanned copy of the attached proxy form duly signed to SingCham Secretariat at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
(6) The proxy can be revoked at any time subject to advance notice to Singcham Secretariat or the member concerned personally attending the EGM.
(7) Please note that Voting Form for the Election can be collected by a member (with or without proxy) only upon registration of attendance at the EGM. If a member who has registered for voting does not attend the EGM, the member’s voting form shall not be distributed to any other member.