Message from Business Group
Dear SingCham Shanghai members and friends
Our businesses, working and lifestyles have been drastically affected by COVID-19 throughout 2020. Thank you for supporting the new SingCham Shanghai 2020-Exco, and we look forward to your continued support as we bring you more activities in the coming year.
2021 will be an exciting year as we aim to rollout new platforms and formats, with your suggestions and input, to promote trade, investment and other economic activities between Singapore companies and Chinese enterprises, institutes and business chambers. We hope that through these activities, your business network will be expanded, and business opportunities will be identified and realized.
The idea of a Business Group within SingCham Shanghai 2020-Exco is to better and faster drive business activities and events. We aim to bring you monthly events, including business networking sessions, inter-chamber meetings, industry-specific forums and trade visits to selected provinces and cities. We also want to involve and empower member volunteers as industry champions in Business Verticals Working Groups to help drive business verticals focused activities and propose member-driven initiatives.
The business verticals could include the following as a start; we are actively in discussion with members and potential champions:
- Built Environment - Real Estate / Architecture, Engineering & Construction / Building Materials & Equipment
- Digitalization / ICT / AI / Fintech / Blockchain
- Energy / Oil & Gas
- Food Manufacturing / Food Services
- Healthcare / Biomedical / Social Services
- Logistics / Supply Chain / Transportation and Storage
- Precision Engineering
Some of the highlights for 2021 will include:
- Continuation of our successful Tech-Tuesday events
- Business networking (business introduction & business speed dating for Singapore and Chinese companies by industry verticals)
- Senior business leaders interaction and mentoring with young PMETs
- Thursday Business Social dinner and drinks (SoBiz)
- Technology & Innovation trade mission to meet with Chinese government leaders, related Chinese companies, to explore collaboration and investment opportunities
- Sustainability Forum with speakers, panel discussions and business networking opportunities
You would have received an email and seen the poster for our upcoming business engagement event on Dec 3. Other than providing a platform for relations-building, the key takeaways we hope participants will have after the forum will be new contacts (business and social), seeking and articulating business opportunities through the panel discussion (active Q&A highly encouraged) and networking over lunch, and a better understanding on how our government and SingCham can support Singapore businesses in China. The objectives of the event include:
- First business engagement event organized by SingCham Shanghai 2020-Exco;
- Foster public and private relationship (government bodies, corporates, entrepreneurs and small businesses)
- Understand how Enterprise Singapore can support Singapore companies in China
- Brief update on initiatives, activities, events the SingCham Shanghai 2020-Exco will be organizing in 2021
- Welcome potential champions and leaders to lead SingCham Shanghai initiatives, activities and events
- Create a platform for Singapore companies to interact, know each other, explore how they can work together and foster beneficial business relationships between companies
We look forward to your participation at our Dec event and upcoming events! If you have an idea or would like to join the Business Verticals Working Groups as a champion or volunteer, do please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We remain guided by our chamber mission “Members First, Business Centric, Social Glue”.
SingCham Shanghai Exco - Business Group
Mr William Chang (Lead)
Dr Huang Yi Chun (Co-Lead)